President Ashraf Ghani has revoked the membership of Mohammad Anwar Bashliq and Liaqatullah Babakarkhil who were appointed members of the Senate. Dawakhan Mina Pal, the deputy spokesman of President, confirmed the cancellation today. The two appointed members of the Senate are among three members of parliament who have been arrested in Balkh province on charges of taking bribes.
Following the arrest of three members of the Senate while receiving $ 40,000 in bribes, Amrullah Saleh, the first Vice President, said that the process of arresting the corrupted individuals will continue. "Recently, another team in two other provinces was able to take a $ 250,000 bribe," Mr. Saleh wrote on his Facebook page on Tuesday.
An attorney for a U.S. Army special forces sergeant arrested in what authorities called an apparently random shooting at an Illinois bowling alley that left three people dead told an initial hearing Monday that her client may suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. Duke Webb, 37, faces three counts of murder and three counts of first-degree attempted murder for injuring three others in the shooting
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie