Statistics by IEC Show Possibly Highest Turnout since 2010
Statistics brought forward by the IEC show that nearly 1.5 million men and women have participated in the election.
These statistics are from 27 provinces of the country and far, at least 92% of the data has been collected.
Kabul and Herat provinces had the highest number of participants whereas Faryab had the lowest.
So far, out of a total of 5074 centres, nearly 4667 centres have been open.
Moreover, The figures of the participants in Badghis, Kandahar, Maidan Wardak, and Parwan provinces are still not included in this list.
Furthermore, at least 4091 centres should have been open, but due to security problems, administrative problems and lack of election materials, 371 centres were closed.
Finally, according to these preliminary statistics, since 2010 this is the highest percentage of people turn out in the election.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie