UNAMA Requests IEC and IECC to Double Up Their Efforts
Impressed and encouraged by the huge voter turnout today in Afghanistan, the UNAMA has released a statement saying all Afghan authorities must now commit to the best of their abilities in safeguarding and completing the elections.
The statement added that it “is now imperative that the country’s electoral authorities – both the Independent Election Commission (IEC) and the Electoral Complaints Commission (EEC) – re-double their efforts to make sure all eligible voters are given a reasonable opportunity to cast their ballot.
All Afghan authorities and actors – including political parties, the government, candidates and security institutions – must demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding and completing the elections, and to protecting the integrity of the process, especially with regard to tabulating and announcing the results.”
Finally the UNAMA has acknowledged efforts by voters, and authorities alike and has also put a sentence of appreciation towards the effort to conduct elections tomorrow on account of failure to hold elections in certain centres today.
High number of #Afghans turned out today, braving security threats and waiting long hours to vote for a better future. All Afghan authorities and actors must now demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and completing credible elections. Read full statement: https://t.co/UxmtG6DhAG pic.twitter.com/EWICbevN6s
— UNAMA News (@UNAMAnews) October 20, 2018
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie