Taliban Prisoner Released from Bagram Jail, Re-arrested in Samangan
Kabul: Afghan security officials say at least six Taliban militants have been killed and four more were wounded during an operation in Posht Band, Tatar, Chal Wa Alma in Khoram Sar Bagh district of Samangan province on Saturday.
The Shaheen 209 Corps in a statement said that Qari Shafi, a local Taliban commander who was released from Bagram prison, was arrested during the operation.
Qari Shafi’i is said to have spent two years and eight months in Bagram prison of the ten years of prison, after which he was released under a US-Taliban peace agreement.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie