Taliban Beheads 5 Government Forces in Maidan Wardak
Kabul: In another report of increasing violence across the country, Taliban insurgents beheaded five government forces who had surrendered on the outskrits of the Maidan Shahr, local officials in Maidan Wardak province said on Thursday.
Sardar Bakhtiari, deputy head of Maidan Wardak Provincial Council, said that the incident took place two nights ago in the village of Mulakhail in Maidan Shahr and these forces guarded a checkpoint called “Antenn”. The reason for the surrender of these forces is not clear.
He stressed, however, that they were equipped with advanced equipment.
According to the deputy head of Maidan Wardak Provincial Council, the Taliban took all the equipment of the checkpoint with them.
The Taliban have not commented on the matter yet.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie