Nearly 2,500 tons of Honey Produced in Afghanistan Last Year
Kabul: At least 2,490 tons of honey had been produced in the capital and provinces, as per statistics released by the statistics of the Department of Statistics and Information of the Ministry of Agriculture on Thursday.
The ministry added that Paktia, Nangarhar, Khost, Herat, Laghman, Badakhshan, Kunduz and Bamyan are the most important honey-producing provinces.
According to the Ministry of Agriculture, there are currently 6,757 large and small bee-keeping farms in the country, most of them are located in Badghis, Herat, Badakhshan, Paktia, Kunduz, Daikundi, Bamyan, Logar, Sar-e-Pul, Farah, Maidan Wardak, Kapisa, Takhar, Baghlan and Khost provinces.
The ministry said that one kilogram of pure honey sells for 500 to 2,000 afghanis in the domestic market, depending on the type of honey.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie