3 Arrested In Samangan Province For Embezzling 600 Million Afghanis
Kabul: The Anti-corruption department of the Ministry of Interior has arrested three senior officials (current and former) of the Samangan province along with their colleagues on charges of abuse of authority, illegal executions, usurpation of government property and embezzlement.
Interior Ministry spokesperson Tariq Arian said that the men were arrested on Tuesday.
Firuzaldin Tagin, the mayor of Aybak city; Mohammad Haidar Khorami, the former mayor of the city; and Khairullah Anoush, the former governor of Samangan, are said to be among those detained.
According to him, these people are accused of embezzling 600 million Afghanis.
Tariq Arian did not disclose the whereabouts of the accused.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie