Bagram Air Base To Be Soon Handed Over to Afghan Forces
Kabul: After the New Kabul Command base was handed over last week to the Afghan forces, there are reports that the largest US military base in Afghanistan, Bagram air base, will now be handed over to the Afghan security forces, as per BBC.
The Afghan Ministry of Defense also confirmed to the BBC that the base will be handed over to Afghan forces as the withdrawal process has now been completed over 25 percent.
Citing top military officials who are aware of the developments, BBC reported that millions of dollars of equipment would be delivered to the Afghan Defense Forces from the base, however, it did not include an advanced missile defense system.
Meanwhile, locals of Bagram district of Parwan province also said that 20-30 trucks of destroyed military equipment are being transported outside the base daily.
As per media reports, some US bases, helicopters, military vehicles, and weapons will be handed over to the Afghan army.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie