41 People Wounded in Clash Between Afghan Forces, Ghoryani’s Men in Herat
Following hours of clashes between security forces and individuals affiliated with Habibullah Ghoriani, officials at the Herat Public Health Department say 41 people, including five security forces, were wounded.
Mohammad Rafiq Sherzai, the spokesman of Herat Public Health Department, said on Thursday that 41 in the Jabriel township of Herat province.
According to Sherzai, three children, a woman and five security forces were among the injured in the incident.
He stated that the health condition of all the injured of the incident is satisfactory and emphasized that based on the request of the patients, 6 injured have been transferred abroad.
Clashes between security forces and individuals affiliated with Habibullah Ghoriani began in Herat around 04:00pm yesterday, and locals say security forces and individuals affiliated with Habibullah Ghoriani used light and heavy weapons during the clashes.
In addition to the casualties, the clashes caused huge financial losses to the local residents.
In the meantime, the Herat Police issued a statement, saying that the clash that had been erupted due to the arrest of Habibullah Ghoriani have now ended.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie