54,000 Afghan Security and Defense Forces to Provide Election Security
Afghan security officials have confirmed the preparation of these agencies to secure elections on 20th October.
The Deputy Spokesman to Minister of Interior, Nasrat Rahimi, who spoke at a news conference on Thursday, said that 54,000 security and defense forces are set to provide security to 5,100 polling stations across 21,000 polling sites on the election day.
“We are set to ensure the security of the election, safe transportation of election materials, security of polling stations and polling sites, voters’ safety and the security of electoral campaigns, based on a comprehensive security plan”, said Ghafur Ahmad Jawid, the spokesman for the Ministry of Defense, at a press conference.
The spokesman for the Ministry of Defense said that the election materials have been transferred to all the provinces.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie