MoI: Providing Security During Elections Is Our Top Priority
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) spokesperson, Masoud Andarabi says providing security during elections is our top priority. He added that security at 4,942 polling centers will be provided.
During the Ministerial Council meeting today, Andrabi said, “During this year, due to increase of security forces’ operations and movements, Taliban’s casualties have risen.”
He assured that the result of investigations about civilian casualties, particularly in the Zurmat district of Paktia will be announced soon. The Presidential Election is scheduled to be held in September this year.
Previously, the Taliban group have threatened that they will target the election process and electoral campaigns.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie