Zalmay Khalizad Clarifies That US Will Defend Afghan Forces
U.S. Special Representative Zalmay Khalilzad in a twitter statement clarified that the Reuters report, which quoted two unnamed Talib commanders who alleged that US would cease support of the Afghan forces as part of any agreement, was not true.
He further added that “No one should be intimidated or fooled by propaganda”. He made it clear in his statement that the US would defend Afghan forces now and after any agreement with the Taliban.
Moreover, he ensured that all sides agree that Afghanistan’s future will be determined by intra Afghan negotiations.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie