Five Public Uprising Forces Members Killed in Takhar
Local officials confirmed that Taliban insurgents had killed at least five members of the public uprising forces and wounded three others in Takhar province.
The Taliban attacked a security checkpoint in Jarqishlaq village in Baharak district at 11pm on Sunday.
A spokesman for Takhar police said that Taliban insurgents had also been killed in the attacks, but their exact number was unknown.
Similar attacks on Saturday night had killed at least 15 members of the public uprising and local police forces when they targeted seven security posts in the province.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie