Key Taliban Commander Arrested in Balkh Province
A key Taliban commander was arrested and several bottles of alcohol were confiscated along with some weapons and military kits in northern Balkh province.
The Ministry of Interior in a statement said the Taliban commander identified as Yousuf who was arrested in Nahr-e-Shahi district of Balkh province on Sunday night.
The statement further added that 11 bottles of alcohol, a Hookah, an Ak-47 rifle, an air rifle, a pistol, and other military kits and a vehicle were confiscated.
The anti-government armed militants including Taliban have not commented regarding the airstrike so far.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie