UNAMA Head Concerned About Election Insecurity
In a statement released by the head of UNAMA, Tadamichi Yamamoto, it was clear that the head is concerned about the violence and overwhelming nature of the election.
“I am outraged by attacks that are deliberately targeting civilians seeking to exerciser their basic right in participating in elections”, said Mr Yamamoto.
In the past few days, 7 candidates have already been killed. On Tuesday, there was an attack on the election rally of a candidate in Kama district of Nangarhar.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie