Wealth lies in Villages: President Ghani at AgFair
Afghan President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani said on Wednesday at the International Agricultural Fair in Kabul that wealth is in the villages and you can become wealthy from the village and he urged people to prefer domestic products over foreign products.
He urged Afghan investors to invest in the agricultural production process.
President Ghani, referring to marketing for agricultural production, noted: “The Ministry of Agriculture should work more on the market, because many of our agricultural products are still wasted, due to the lack of market.”
Referring to the investment in the air corridor for exporting agricultural products, he said: “Through Indian corridor with $800,000 investment by the government, the Afghan farmers and gardeners exported goods worth $70 million last year, and we will increase that value to multiple hundred million by next year.”
The president emphasized on the revival of the textile industry in Afghanistan and said: “The revival of textile production in Afghanistan is our major focus, and our decision is to provide clothing for the entire ANP and ANA using Afghan textile products by next year. Afghanistan’s textiles will be alive and the textile industry Afghanistan would stand tall again “
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie