Karzai: The Peace Consultative Jirga Will Not Be Held In A Situation Of Unity
Former president Hamid Karzai says that the absence of support of the country’s Chief Executive from the Jirga shows that it is not going to be held in an atmosphere of unity.
Speaking to the Sputnik news agency, Karzai on the eve of the eighth round of the International Security Conference in Moscow said that the time for the Loya Jirga to provide peace consultations is not right and there are doubts about the goal of holding it.
He added that the best time for holding the consultative Jirga was six months back when the Americans had initiated the efforts on peace. He said that If it [the Jirga] was held at that time and the efforts of the united states were acknowledged, as well as the demands of the Afghan people, we would be involved in these talks with the united states to negotiate with them through the decision of the Jirga of the Afghan people.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie