Now Is The Time For Afghans to Show Unity to Achieve Peace, Fight Against COVID-19: NATO Chief
Following the meeting of NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said in a video conference called for Afghan people’s unity.
“This is the time for Afghans to show national unity in the national interest, to achieve peace in Afghanistan, but also to fight COVID-19,” Stoltenberg said.
He declared that NATO ministers discussed Afghanistan and the continued commitment to long-term peace and stability in the country.
” To support the peace efforts, we are reducing our presence to around 12,000 by the summer.
No decision for a further reduction has been taken.
And all of our steps will be conditions-based,” he added.
He also welcomed efforts to set up an inclusive team for the inter-Afghan negotiations and called on the Taliban and all political actors to play their part which includes reducing violence.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie