Perpetrators of Recent Attacks on Civil Society Activists, Civilians Must be Punished: Ghani
President Ashraf Ghani has instructed the relevant authorities to identify and punish the perpetrators of the recent terrorist attacks on political, civil, social activists and other civilian.
According to a statement issued by the Presidential Palace on Saturday, Mr. Ghani instructed the security and defense institutions in order to better ensure the security of Afghan activists.
Recently, targeted attacks and assassinations of journalists, civil society and political activists have increased.
In the latest case, women’s rights activist Fereshteh Kohistani and her brother have been assassinated by unknown individuals in the Hesa-e Awal Kohistan district of Kapisa province.
The assassinations of journalists and civil society activists have provoked a wave of criticisms from social media users.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie