Taliban Set Six Feul Tankers Ablaze in Baghlan, Abduct Drivers
Taliban militants set fire six feul truck tankers and abducted their drivers in an attack on Doshi-Pul-e Khomri route in Baghlan province on Friday evening, local officials said.
The spokesman of Baghlan Police, Ahmad Jawid Besharat told Reporterly that the Taliban insurgents attempted to burn ten other feul tankers but failed due to the intervention of Afghan security forces.
According to Besharat, Taliban made the attempt after their extortion site in Chashme Shir area came under security forces’ control.
He added that the security forces’ efforts are underway to rescue the abducted drivers.
Social media footages showed black smoke billowing above the site of the attack, with the charred wreckage of dozens of trucks scattered around the area.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie