Security Forces Arrested Zabul Hospital Bombing Planner
Afghan security forces have arrested an alleged planner of Zabul hospital bombing along with eight other insurgents in Ghazni province, the Ministry of Defense (MoD) said.
MoD in a press release stated that the Commando and Police Special Unit (PSU) forces have arrested nine Taliban insurgents including the suicide attack planner for Zabul hospital incident.
According to the press release, three facility providers of IEDs who planned to carry out a vehicle bombing in Ghazni are also among the detainees.
On September 19th 2019, a Taliban suicide car bomb detonated near a hospital in Qalat city of Zabul province which left more than 20 killed and 90 wounded.
The target of the attack was thought to be the government intelligence building nearby but the car bomb was parked outside a hospital gate.
The intelligence building suffered some damaged but the casualties are said to health workers, patients, residents and those coming to see hospitalised family members.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie