Afghan Forces Launch Operation in Herat
Afghan forces have launched a major military operation – under the name of (Toofan-e Harirod) – in Herat province, security officials reported on Sunday.
Starting the operation, the governor of Herat, Abdul Qayoum Rahimi called the Afghan security forces the backbone of the government system, saying the ‘Toofan-e Harirod’ operation will completely suppress the insurgents.
Rahimi warned the Taliban that they would be destroyed if they will not join the peace process.
In the meantime, the commander of Zafar army corps, Fazel Ahmad Junbish considered the launch of this operation as showcasing the great capacity of Afghan forces.
Officials emphasized that this operation will be equipped with adequate facilities and air force support-covering all areas of the Herat-Ghor highway.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie