Afghan Police Commander Killed by Taliban in Balkh
Afghan local officials have confirmed that a commander of Special Police unit has been killed in northern Balkh province.
The spokesman of Faryab governor, Jawid Bidar has confirmed the incident and told Reporterly that Mohammad Khan Ahmadi, the commander of special police unit in Faryab province, was killed by Taliban militants in Sholgara district.
He said that the commander was on his way from Sholgara district to Faryab province that faced an ambush by Taliban.
At least one of his guards was also killed and another one was wounded in the incident, Bidar added.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie