UK Reiterates Commitment to Helping Afghanistan Seize Opportunity For Fair, Inclusive Political Settlement
The British embassy in Kabul has wished a healthy and prosperous 2021 for Afghanistan.
The UK embassy in a statement said, “As we look ahead to 2021, the UK reiterates its commitment to helping Afghanistan seize the historic opportunity for a fair and inclusive political settlement to the ongoing conflict.”
The British embassy says the Afghan people have been the victims of high level of violence, and targeted attacks on human rights activists, journalists and government workers are on the rise.
“Peace is the only solution to bring an end to the bloodshed and create an Afghanistan where all of it’s people can live without fear. We call for an urgent end to the violence,” the statement said.
“We hope that next year brings greater peace and stability to the Afghan people. On behalf of everyone in the British embassy in Kabul, we wish you a happy, healthy new year,” the statement added.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie