Turkistan Islamic Party Touts Captured Equipment, Training Camp in Afghanistan
The Turkistan Islamic Movement, a largely Uighur jihadist group that is affiliated with al Qaeda and also operates in Syria, has released a new video showcasing it’s men fighting in Afghanistan.
As per the Long War Journal report, the video, dated for November 2019, is largely a photo montage featuring its fighters and their families. However, it also serves to tout its spoils taken from the Afghan military.
Dozens of Turkistan Islamic Movement’s men can be seen with captured Afghan military vehicles, including several Humvees. Captured weapons, including M16 and M4 variant rifles, can also be seen in the hands of the jihadists.
According to Log War Journal report, in several photos, child soldiers, a recurring theme within movement’s propaganda, are also shown with the older militants.
This is not the first time the Turkistan Islamic Movement has highlighted captured Afghan equipment and vehicles. Last year, it released a combat video from Afghanistan which showed several captured Humvees in the aftermath of the battle.
In 2015, a similar video was released in which another Humvee was captured in skirmishes with the Afghan military.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie