ARG: Afghanistan’s Destiny Can’t Be Defined in Meetings Between Heads of Foreign Countries
In response to president Donald Tramp’s remarks made in a meeting with Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan, the presidential palace has affirmed that the government underscores that foreign heads of state cannot determine Afghanistan’s fate in absence of the Afghan leadership. Afghanistan will remain dignified and firm in the global political arena.
Afghanistan as one of the most deep-rooted and ancient countries of the world have been able to overcome countless crisis during history.
The Afghan nation has not and will never allow any foreign power to determine its fate.
Our cooperation and partnership with the world countries, particularly with the United States, is grounded on common interests and mutual respect. While the Afghan government supports the US efforts for ensuring peace in Afghanistan.
“Considering relations between the two countries, through diplomatic ties we want Washington to provide clarification about President Trump’s remarks with Pakistan’s Prime minister,” the Afghan presidential Palace conceded.
Meanwhile, in a meeting with Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, Trump said that “If we wanted to fight a war in Afghanistan and win it, I could win that war in a week. I just don’t want to kill 10 million people.” Trump also hinted at restoring the billion-dollar aid to Pakistan which was revoked last year.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie