US Decision for Troop Pullout Will Pave the Way for Intra-Afghan Talks: Taliban
Suhail Shaheen, the spokesman for Taliban’s Qatar office has said that it is only the Afghan people who will determine the future government in the country, but he did not mention anything about negotiations with the Kabul government.
“The exact date will be announced today or tomorrow that when the seventh round [of talks] will start”, Shaheen said.
He added that it is clear that when the Americans announce their decision on the timeline of the withdrawal of their forces [from Afghanistan], it will open the way for intra-Afghan talks.
He conceded that this is so that “we can decide on the future government and intra-Afghan talks”.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie