ACCI Calls for Opening of Torkham Port
Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ACCI) has called on Pakistani government to open the Torkham border crossing.
ACCI in a press release on Tuesday said that following the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide, the regional countries have taken preventive measures at transit and trade crossings to prevent the spread of the virus.
The Torkham crossing, one of Afghanistan’s major trade and transit crossings, has recently been closed for preventive measures against the Corona virus, the press release said.
According to the press release, halting transit supplies at the Torkham Pass will cause damage to Afghan and Pakistani traders and facilitating the trade affairs in these circumstances can help the people of Afghanistan in taking preventive health measures.
ACCI has called on Pakistani
Chambers of Commerce and Industry, the Afghan political representation in Pakistan and the Ministry of Industry and Commerce to come up with a comprehensive mechanism to address the problem.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie