Taliban Attack Kills 11 Policemen in Balkh: Officials
At least 11 policemen have been killed in a multi-pronged Taliban attack on a district headquarters in Balkh province, local officials said.
The spokesman of provincial governor, Munir Ahmad Farhad said the attack started early on Tuesday morning and clashes are still underway in Shortipa district of Balkh.
A Taliban spokesperson claimed to overrun the district, but Farhad rejected that claim.
He noted that the reinforcements are on their way to reach the area.
The head of Balkh provincial council, Afzel Hadid emphasized that the casualty toll could rise if the reinforcements not arrive on time.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie