Taliban Set Up Checkpoints on Kabul-Ghazni Highway: Officials
Local officials in Ghazni province said that the Taliban have set up checkpoints in Kabul – Kandahar highway of Maidan Wardak province.
The provincial governor spokesperson, Arif Noori wrote on his Facebook page Tuesday that Taliban group have set up several checkpoints in vicinity of Maidan Wardak province.
Meanwhile, the civilian deputy of Ghazni police, Mirza Hussain Sorosh was killed by Taliban militants on Sunday in Salar area of Kabul – Kandahar highway of Maidan Wardak province.
The Kabul-Ghazni highway is one of the unsafe highways in the country where the Taliban insurgents occasionally set up checkpoints in surroundings of Maidan Wardak province.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie