MoPH Survey Finds 10 Million People Infected With COVID-19 In Afghanistan
Acting Minister of Public Health Ahmad Jawad Osmani said that 10 million people in the country may be infected with Coronavirus according to their survey.
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) shared the findings of their survey on Wednesday that 31.5% of the country’s population had contracted Coronavirus.
They divided the 34 provinces into nine zones, with transmission rates varying across the region.
According to the MoPH, in Kabul, 53% of all residents are infected, and this figure reaches 42.3% in the eastern zone, 36.3% in the central zone, 34.1% in the western provinces and 32.4% in the north-eastern provinces.
The lowest infections rates were in Daykundi and Ghor provinces with only 21% of their population infected.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie