Ex-President Karzai Met Wang Yi Discussed Afghan Peace, Reconciliation Process
The former Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai has met with the Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and discussed the peace and reconciliation process in Afghanistan, according to Chinese Foreign Ministry’s statement issued here on Wednesday.
During the meeting, the Chinese foreign minister said Afghanistan situation has come to a crucial point, and the top priority now is to achieve progress and results in both US-Taliban talks and intra-Afghan dialogue.
China has always respected the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Afghanistan, Wang said.
On the premise of respecting the willingness of Afghan people, China will continue to play a constructive role in promoting the country’s peaceful reconciliation based on the needs of all parties in Afghanistan, he added.
Karzai, currently in China to attend the 2019 Imperial Springs International Forum held in Guangzhou, said Afghanistan appreciates China’s effort on promoting the intra-Afghan dialogue and is willing to enhance coordination with China to push the start of the dialogue as soon as possible.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie