NATO Representative Calls on All Candidates to Accept Afghan Presidential Election Results
Nicolas Kay, the NATO senior civilian representative to Afghanistan in speaking with Afghan journalists and media representatives in London said that every party or group should accept the election results.
“Despite the treats many Afghans went out to cast votes on September 28 and now we are two months after the voting day. It is important that we see very soon a decision by the Independent Election Commission of Afghanistan on the preliminary results”, said Nicolas Kay a day before the NATO leaders meeting in London.
Nicolas Kay urged that proper communication should be established between the election commission and candidates and everyone should accept the IEC’s decision.
“The commission is following its rules and procedures to check and double check, to count and to recount and to audit the whole process, but that must come to an end quite soon and what I think is necessary is more communication between the candidates and the IEC so that the IEC can explain very carefully to the candidates exactly the basis for the decisions on what they are doing and how they are working and the candidates must listen very carefully and at the end after that when the IEC makes the announcement of the preliminary results candidates should respect those decisions”, he said.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie