EU Foreign Policy Chief Congratulated Ghani on Outcome of Elections Results
Following the announcement of the presidential elections final results, the European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President of the European Commission, Josep Borrell has called President Ashraf Ghani and congratulated him on the outcome of the electoral process.
EU in a press release said that it pays tribute to the work of the Election Management Bodies under the challenges they were confronted with.
Mr. Borrell recalled that the European Union has always supported the constitutional and institutional framework of Afghanistan.
“EU therefore takes good note of the final results of the electoral process. On this basis, the European Union looks forward to continuing the work with the new administration under President Ghani,” the press release said.
Mr. Borrell has welcomed President Ghani’s commitment to form an inclusive government where all the people of Afghanistan feel represented and stressed that the priority will now be to ensure unity in support of an inclusive peace process.
“The European Union stands ready to support the peace process, which is an opportunity not to be missed,” the press release added.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie