Consignment of Iranian-Made Explosives Discovered in Farah
A trailer packed with Iranian-made explosives that has just entered Afghanistan’s soil from Iran was discovered by Afghan border forces in Farah province.
Local media quoting credible sources reported on Wednesday that the explosives were skillfully placed under the flour bags in the trailer.
Reports suggest that one person has been arrested in connection with the case.
The arrested individual said the explosives were supposed to be used for making roadside bombs, as well as to blow up bridges and trenches.
According to the reports, the explosives were scheduled to be transported to other provinces through Farah province.
This comes as Iran has been accused of supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan, particularly in the western provinces, but the Iranian embassy in Kabul had previously denied the allegations.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie