Iran’s Exports to Afghanistan At About $4 Billion
In an online meeting between the officials of the Afghanistan-Iran Chamber of Commerce and Investment, trade opportunities and strategies between the two countries were discussed on Monday.
Iranian officials said at the meeting that the “consumer nature” in Afghanistan was similar to that of Iranians, and that Afghanistan is an economically good partner for Iran.
The website of the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries quotes Muzaffar Alikhani, Secretary General of the Iran-Afghanistan Joint Chamber, as saying that “Iran exported up to $ 4 billion to Afghanistan, while between $ 40 million and $ 50 million, Afghanistan exported to Iran.”
Different institutions of the two countries have provided different statistics on the value of Iran’s exports to Afghanistan, but what is common to all statistics is that in recent years Iran has been the number one exporter of goods to Afghanistan.
During the meeting, Ahmad Saeed Azimian, deputy director of investment at the Herat Chamber of Commerce and Investment, praised Iran’s assistance in the Islam-Qala customs office, calling it “the reason for the strengthening of trade and economic relations between the two countries.”
In a report from this online meeting, the website of the Iranian Chamber of Commerce quotes Seyed Hossein Salimi, Chairman of the Iran-Afghanistan Joint Chamber of Commerce, as saying that by utilizing the capacities of Afghanistan, many semi-active industries can be activated.
Regarding trade problems with Afghanistan, Mr. Salimi said: “Our most important problem is banking exchanges. At present, the issue of commodity-to-commodity purification has been raised as an effective solution until the establishment of banking exchanges. Afghans, on the other hand, have problems with visas, foreign exchange, and residency in Iran that we must work to address.”
During the meeting, Farzad Mehrani, director of chamber affairs and joint chambers of Iran, also said that the Afghan market has the advantage that foreign competitors are less active, and we are ready to increase the exports of our goods and services to Afghanistan.
Last year, the Afghanistan National Statistics Authority estimated Afghanistan’s total imports at $ 8.3 billion a year, saying that after Iran, the countries with the most exports to Afghanistan were China and Pakistan, followed by Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, respectively.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie