Maulana Samiul Haq has been assassinated in Rawalpindi. Reports from Geo TV suggest that unidentified motorcyclists began to open fire on Haq, who was then injured and succumbed to injuries on the way to hospital. He was the leader of Jamiat Ulema-i Islam and also the head of Haqqania Madrasa. Details to follow
Mawlana Sami-ul Haq, famously known as the father of Taliban had reportedly been assassinated in a gun attack that took place in Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
More details to follow.
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie
- Afghan Security Forces Need To Slow Down Taliban Momentum: Austin