A key member of IS-K who was responsible for recruiting fighters for the group, was arrested in an operation by the National Directorate of Security’s (NDS) Special Unit in Kabul’s PD5, NDS said in a statement on Saturday. Abu Obaidullah Mutawakil, was a university lecturer and imam at Shaikh Mohammadiha mosque in the south of Kabul, the statement said.
The Ministry of Interior has announced that Kabul police has apprehended Mohammad Zaker, the son of Mohammad Nazir for Killing an NDS officer in PD5. Zaker has now been handed over to NDS for interrogation.
Ministry of Defense announced in a statement that as a result of Afghan Air Force airstrikes in Shah Walikut district of Kandahar province, 36 insurgents were killed. Additionally, in the airstrike, six other insurgents were wounded and six depots of weapon and ammunition, two hideouts as well as one vehicle were destroyed.
The Ministry of Interior informed in a statement that eight armed Taliban insurgents were killed during overnight operation in Qara Bagh district, southwestern Ghazni province. Mulavi Sahar, the military Commission Chief of the armed Taliban group for Qara Bagh district of Ghazni province was among those killed. In the meantime, two Taliban militants were killed after Afghan National
Dr Sharif Fayez, the founder and lecturer of Americans University of Afghanistan passed away at the age of 73 on Thursday. Dr Fayez was the minister of higher education from 2001 to 2007. He was born in 1946 in Herat province of Afghanistan and served as head of the AUAF for its first two years, 2004-2006. President
Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh, General Officer Commanding in Chief (GoC-in-C) Northern Command, said that while no fixed timelines have been made so far, the Army and other government agencies are keeping close watch on the developments in Afghanistan. "Indian Army and all agencies of the government are keeping a close watch on the developments taking place
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie
- Afghan Security Forces Need To Slow Down Taliban Momentum: Austin