Idrees Zaman has taken over as Afghanistan's deputy foreign minister after the resignation of previous deputy foreign minister Hekmat Khalil Karzai. Mr Zaman is a political expert and researcher who was also the CEO of Afghanistan's pioneer conflict resolution organisation Cooperation for Peace and Unity (CPAU). He also co-chaired Afghanistan's CVE Working Group.
Security officials have reported that 25 terrorists have been killed or wounded across 9 provinces of Afghanistan. As a result of the invasive and cleanup operations of the ANDSF over the past 24 hours in the provinces of Ghazni, Paktika, Helmand, Nangarhar, Kandahar, Kunar, Paktia, Farah and Ghor, 24 insurgents were killed and 1 other wounded,
Syed Hafizullah Hashimy, a spokesman for IEC, told reporters on Saturday that a draft timetable for the Presidential election in 2019 has been made and it would be shared with political parties, observers and IECC by this week to receive feedback before the final draft of the timetable is officially announced. As per a Reuters report, the
Faryab police spokesman, Abdul Karim Yorish told Ariana News that on Friday night, a 13-year-old boy named Shah Mohammad, who was a resident of Asadabad village in Maimana, was killed by two unidentified gunmen. They threw his corpse later in front of his house. Mr Karim says that two people are arrested and investigations are ongoing.
Security officials have reported that 15 terrorists have been killed in Kandahar province. The Ministry of National Defense said in a statement that 15 terrorists were killed in air operations in the district of Shah Walikut, Kandahar. In these operations, eight insurgents’ vehicles have been damaged and their hideout has been destroyed as well.
Spokesperson for police chief in Maidan Wardak, Hekmatullah Durani has informed that a suicide blast took place in a Maidan Wardak police base. An explosive laden vehicle caused the suicide attack and claimed the lives of 5 people while injuring 12 others. No claims of responsibility yet. More details to follow.
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie
- Afghan Security Forces Need To Slow Down Taliban Momentum: Austin