The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said the Afghan National Army (ANA) troops stationed at the Kot-e Ashro camp in Wardak were attacked by the Taliban but have now been provided much-needed aid.
The wounded men have been transported to the hospital while ammunition and weapons have been restocked, the MoD said on Monday.
In a video that went viral on social media, Abdul Jabbar, commander of the camp in Jalrez district of the province, said they had been attacked by a Taliban car bomb a few days ago and called on President Ashraf Ghani to help them as soon as possible.
According to the MoD, the Taliban had suffered heavy casualties during the army operations and all areas around the camp had been cleared.
On Monday, the MoD shared a video with the soldiers of the base who said that fresh troops had been sent and 18 mines planted along the highway had been defused.
They said airstrikes were also carried out which killed six Taliban insurgents, including a leader known as Wahid.
In a video released on Sunday, Jabbar had said they had not received any help for the past three days and had no “water and bread.” Moreover, four soldiers had been wounded in the blast but were unable to receive proper treatment.
Jabbar said several attempts had been made to help them, but the aid choppers had been attacked by the Taliban. He urged Ghani to look at them as his “children” and said that they have not lost their morale and if help comes, they will continue to fight the Taliban to the end.
The army commander said the wounded men were requesting him to shoot them dead, but it was too painful and he was waiting for Ghani’s help.
The MoD said that the current situation in Kot-e Ashro camp and in Jalrez district was under control.