People’s Mobilization Forces Will Be Recruited In The Form Of Local Armies

People’s Mobilization Forces Will Be Recruited In The Form Of Local Armies

Reporterly

Reporterly Reporterly

29 Jun 2021

Kabul: The joint spokesperson for the security forces announced on Tuesday that the people’s mobilization forces would soon become part of the regular military framework and would operate in the form of a local army alongside the security and defense forces.

Ajmal Omar Shinwari, the spokesperson for the security forces, at a news conference said that the people’s mobilization forces are an achievement for the people and the country’s security forces, and that they will soon be integrated with small local army units. According to Shinwari, regular military formations have already been set up for popular mobilizations, and security agencies have taken into account the training conditions of these forces.

Shinwari added that the regional army, after professional training at the military tactical level, will operate alongside the security forces under the command of the army’s tactical commanders.

He also clarified that the Ministry of Interior will build the reserve units for the high security and emergency situation of the 4,000 existing forces of this ministry. These units are led by retired generals and officers.

Meanwhile, 33 Pakistani militants have been killed and nine others wounded in the past month, according to figures released by the spokesman for the country’s security and defense agencies. There have also been 1,906 operations across the country by security forces against the Taliban.

The spokesman for the security forces said 6,033 Taliban fighters had been killed in the operations. Security forces also smashed demolished Taliban prisons, from which 162 prisoners have been released. The detainees were military personnel and civilians.

According to the spokesman of the security agencies, the principles of war are 100% observed by the security and defense forces. However, he believes that the Taliban are not committed to the principles and laws of war and human rights, and that their actions run counter to national interests and national and international human rights law.

Ajmal Omar Shinwari added that the Taliban are destroying public facilities in violation of Islamic teachings. Meanwhile, Ajmal Omar Shinwari, said that the United States had committed to delivering 45 different military helicopters and seven A29 fighter jets to Afghan forces. He did not elaborate on the type of the helicopters. Shinwari also said that the recent visit of President Ashraf Ghani and his accompanying delegation to Washington was a fruitful one for both the government and the country’s security and defense forces.

According to Shinwari, President Ghani and his entourage have reaffirmed the United States’ commitment to continue providing support and training to Afghan security and defense forces. The Joint Spokesman of the Security and Defense forces said that another great achievement of the delegation of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan was the opening of a new chapter of cooperation and agreements between the Office of the National Security Council of Afghanistan and the US National Security Council.

Shinwari also said that the support of the United States and NATO for the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan will continue on an ongoing basis, especially with the security forces as in the past. According to him, both the Democratic and Republican parties in the US Congress, during a meeting with President Ghani and his accompanying delegation, expressed their support for the position of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the security and defense forces.

Meanwhile, Afghan security forces retook the control of Pashtun Kot and Khan Chaharbagh districts in the northern province of Faryab on Monday, the Ministry of Defense said in a statement. The clearance operation was launched by the security forces on Monday and later in the day they retook the control of the two districts from the Taliban.

The Afghan army also reported advances in their operations to retake Khwaja Omari district in central Ghazni province and Shinwari district in Parwan. On Monday, four districts in two provinces fell under Taliban control in the last 24 hours; however, Afghan forces also made advances in Kunduz and Takhar, officials and other sources told Tolo News.

In other news, at least two security force members were killed and another was wounded in an attack by unidentified gunmen in Paghman district in Kabul province on Tuesday morning, Kabul police said in a statement.

The incident took place about 07:55 am local time in the Arghandi area in Paghman and the attackers escaped from the scene, the statement said. The police have started investigation about the attack, it said. However, no group including the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.

In fact, local sources in Ghazni province said that the Taliban launched an offensive on Monday night from four fronts on the central Ghazni city. Nasir Ahmad Faqiri, chairman of the Ghazni Provincial Council, told Hashte Subh daily that the war is currently going on in the PDs of fifth, fourth, second and first of Ghazni city.

According to him, if back up forces do not reach the province, the center of Ghazni city will fall. The head of the Ghazni Provincial Council stated that on Tuesday the market in Ghazni was closed due to the intensity of the war between the security forces and the Taliban. A number of Ghazni residents also said that if no measures are taken, the city of Ghazni will fall.

Meanwhile, Mohammad Ali Akhlaqi, a Ghazni MP, said that Ghazni districts had collapsed and that Ghazni city is now under threat. “If the government gives us military facilities and equipment, we are ready to go to the area and defend the people and the system alongside the security forces,” he added. The member of the House of Representatives also criticized the central government for not paying attention to improving the security situation in Ghazni.

In response, the Ghazni governor’s information office said that there were enough security forces in Ghazni and that they would repel any enemy attack. The Ghazni governor’s information office considers the fall of Ghazni city to the Taliban to be a false rumor. The office said in a statement that Mohammad Daud Laghmani, the governor of the province, had visited the Ghazni belt checkpoints today.


#afghanistan#taliban