Vice President Danish Asks Uruzgan Residents to Remain Strong and Defend their Honour Amidst Taliban Violence
In an address today, second Vice President Danish urged the people of Uruzgan to not surrender to “aggressors and to defend their soil and honor. I call on the government to act as soon as possible on the Uruzgan disaster.”
This comes after Wolesi Jerga Speaker, Abdul Rauf Ibrahimi on Wednesday, called the Taliban assault on civilians in Uruzgan as a calamity and called on the government to end what he termed the situation as “humanitarian catastrophe” as soon as possible.
According to the speaker of the lower house of the parliament, the Taliban have carried out a massacre in Uruzgan Khas district of Uruzgan and Malistan district of Ghazni province.
The Speaker also asked the Emergency Committee to deal with the displaced people as quickly as possible.
On Monday, 29 October, 12 civilians and 3 ALP forces were killed and a local commander was wounded as a result of the Taliban’s clash with the locals in Uruzgan province. Since then reportedly, more civlians including women and children have died as result of Taliban attacks.
Ghazni local sources had confirmed that Taliban had attacked areas of Uruzgan Khas district of Uruzgan province, where mainly Hazaras reside, as early as Saturday and the casualties are soaring even now.
The chief of Malistan district, neighboring the Uruzgan Khas district, told BBC that the clash started on Saturday with the Taliban assault on the two areas of Hossaini and Kondalan in the district and clash may still be ongoing.
According to Malistan Chief of district, about 150 families have been displaced from these two districts of Uruzgan and have taken refuge in the Malistan district of Ghazni province.
It has also been reported that there are now no police or defense troops in the area. Malistan chief of district has said that the issue has been reported to the center of Ghazni province, but there has been still no call for backup forces.
Locals had been alerted in Shirdagh area of Malistan district as well as on the border with Uruzgan Khas against the Taliban.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie