Afghan Soldier Killed in Taliban Attack in Parwan
Kabul: At least one police official died and two others have been wounded in a Taliban attack at a police checkpoint in the Parwan province, security officials said on Thursday.
The incident took place at 9pm on Wednesday in the Sar Sayad area of Parwan province. As per media reports, the Taliban fled from the scene on a motorcycle after the attack.
The Taliban have not commented on the matter yet.
Meanwhile, in the Sar Sayad area of Parwan province, security forces are occasionally targeted by the Taliban. Civil society activists in Parwan province say that if the government does not take action to clear the area of Taliban infiltration, more security problems will occur in the area.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie