Five People Abducted By Taliban In Maidan Wardak
Kabul: Taliban insurgents abducted five people in Maidan Shahr on Wednesday, the provincial capital, said local officials of the Maidan Wardak province.
The abduction took place at No. 2 highway in the village of Malakhail in Maidan Shahr, said Mohammad Hofiani, spokesperson for the Maidan Wardak police.
Hofiani added that the abductees were traveling from Jalriz district to Maidan Shahr. According to him, they were traveling in a vehicle and then, the Taliban took them to an unknown place.
A spokesperson for the Maidan Wardak Police confirmed that a person named “General Mohammad Hussain” was among those abducted. He did not give more details about their identities.
The Taliban have not commented on the issue yet.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie