Drone Strike Kills 8 Uprising Forces in Takhar
Kabul: At least eight uprising forces have been killed in a drone attack on Friday in the Cheshmeh Yangi area of Takhar province, local sources said on Saturday.
Reports link the attack to the Taliban. Officially, Takhar police have not commented on the matter yet.
The uprising forces are equipped and funded by the National Directorate of Security. The Taliban had recently used small drones in Kunduz province to carry out attacks against security forces.
In one case, the group attacked the Kunduz governor’s office, killing four security personnel.
Security officials had previously confirmed that the Taliban were using drones to carry out attacks.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie