Acting Minister of Finance Forces Nangarhar Customs Office Head To Resign
Kabul: The head of the Nangarhar Customs office was forced to resign from his post on charges of “violations and failures at work” by the Acting Finance Minister, said Ministry of Finance on Monday.
Mohammad Khalid Payenda, Acting Minister of Finance, on Sunday, headed a delegation to inspect the customs situation in Nangarhar and forced the resignation of the head of Nangarhar Customs after seeing violations and inadequacies, as per the Ministry of Finance.
The Ministry of Finance added that professional directors of export and import of Nangarhar customs too have been fired and new employees have been appointed in the said positions.
According to the Ministry of Finance, the leadership of the Ministry of Finance had previously given an April 4 deadline to the Nangarhar customs officials to achieve their goals by implementing the applicable laws and prevent violations.
The Ministry of Finance has also said that the ministry’s technical team is currently inspecting Nangarhar Customs and submitting its report to the Ministry of Finance to take further legal action.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie