Forces Foil Car Bomb Blast Attempt in Panjwai District of Kandahar
Kabul: An attempt to target a police post in the Panjwai district of southern Kandahar province through a car bomb was foiled, an official said on Wednesday.
Kandahar police spokesperson Jamal Nasir Barakzai said that insurgents attacked the police post in the Salawat area of the district on Tuesday night.
He added that the militants simultaneously planned to detonate an explosives-laden vehicle at the security post, but police fired at it and destroyed the car bomb.
Separately, two militants wanted to plant a roadside bomb in the Eidgah area of Kandahar City on Tuesday night.
Barakzai said one of the rebels was killed in a clash with the police and the other detained was wounded due to a landmine.
The Taliban have not yet commented on any of the incidents.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie