District Governor of the Taliban for Jeghato Killed: MoD
Kabul: The Ministry of Defense (MoD) has announced that Maulvi Hekmatullah Sabawoon, Taliban district governor, and Sayed Khan Tariq, Taliban deputy intelligence chief for Jeghato district of Maidan Wardak province, have been killed.
The ministry said in a statement issued on Thursday said that the men were killed in airstrikes in the Akhtarkhil area of Jeghato district on Wednesday night.
Four other militants were killed in the attacks, which targeted a Taliban hideout, the statement said.
The Ministry of Defense added that as a result of these airstrikes, a large amount of Taliban weapons and ammunition were destroyed.
The Taliban have not yet commented on the matter.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie