COVID-19: Chinese Embassy Hands Over Food Aid to Afghanistan
The Chinese Embassy in Afghanistan handed over another batch of food assistance to Afghanistan on Thursday to help the needy people celebrate Eid al-Fitr, which marks the end of the fasting month Ramadan.
“At this very difficult time, the whole world should work together to fight COVID-19,” Ambassador Wang Yu said at the handover ceremony attended by Kabul Governor Mohammad Yaqoob Heidari. “The virus respects neither borders nor ethnicities.”
“We have proposed to provide 2 billion U.S. dollars over the next two years for the COVID-19 response of those countries without good health systems. Afghanistan would be one of those countries,” Wang added. “We will cooperate with government offices, different organizations and Members of Parliament in Afghanistan to help the needy persons of our Afghan brothers and sisters.”
“On behalf of the Kabul government and Kabul people, I’d like to thank Ambassador Wang and the people of China for your continuing donations to Afghan people,” Governor Heidari said at the ceremony. “This is not China’s first donation. During the past 18 years, we have received donations from China in different fields.”
The food aid provided by the Chinese Embassy included cooking oil and rice, which were much-needed supplies for the impoverished population in the war-torn country, especially at a time when the fight against COVID-19 has forced many to stay at home.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie