MoPH Records 378 New COVID-19 Cases
Kabul: The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) announced on Saturday that it has recorded 378 new positive cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and 49 deaths in the past 24 hours.
The total number of cases now stand at 140,602, while the death toll is 6,147.
Meanwhile, on the second day of his visit to Uzbekistan, President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani spoke via the telephone with Chinese President Xi Jinping. According to the Presidential Palace, the Chinese president assured President Ghani of his country’s cooperation in the areas of security, economic development, peace process and health.
Xi Jinping has said that in addition to contributing one million doses of the coronavirus vaccine, his country will also work on joint economic projects with Afghanistan. The Chinese president has expressed concern over the situation in Afghanistan and called on the Taliban to renounce violence and make peace. He also said that his country fully supports the fight against terrorism and the Afghan peace process.
- Education for Women Still Only on Paper in The Taliban Regime
- Will Not Allow Imposed War To Hurt People Any More: Ghani Tells Citizens
- Taliban Seeking Battlefield Victory: US State Department
- President Ghani Arrives In Balkh To Review Security Situation
- Qatar To Host Two Back-To-Back Meetings On Afghanistan’s Peace Process
- Situation In Afghanistan Concerning: Khalilzad
- Taliban Cannot Expect World To Stand By Them If They Take Afghanistan By Force: Blinken
- Biden Signs Legislation To Increase Visas For Allies Who Worked Alongside US Troops In Afghanistan
- US Escalates Airstrikes Against Taliban Targets
- US Airstrikes To Support Afghan Forces To Continue: McKenzie